Hello Stumblers!

Hello stumblers! Welcome to my page, as an addict I welcome you and ask you to "like" the page!

Monday, December 6, 2010

Packing... packing... packing

One thing I have learned from my travels is how to pack, what to pack and what I don't need to pack, today I share my wisdom with you.  I would hope I know how to pack since I packed for a 6 day, 3 country tour in a school bag and didn't find myself in need of anything.

The generic stuff you need to pack is:
- Shirts (I go for 3/4 of the length of my trip, shirts can be easily washed in a sink and re-worn)
- Pants (1/2 of the length of the trip so 3 pairs for a 6 day trip)
- underwear (if you get them quick dry and easily compressible you can bring less)
- swimsuit (can also be used as an extra pair of undies)
- a dressy outfit (for girls a skirt or dress and for boys nice pants and either a dress shirt and polo)
- small but warm sweater
- a scarf of some kind (multi-use, blanket, scarf, head wrap, towel)

if you're staying in one hotel or a bus I suggest your bring a small backpack to use as a day pack... you can also use it as a carry-on bag

More random stuff that's often forgotten but almost always useful:
- Flashlight
- sewing kit
- Plastic baggies
- elastics/rubber bands
- baby wipes (for those times on a night train or plane where you need to feel clean, or a hotel that doesn't offer towels)
- tape of any kind
- flash drive
- gum (except in Singapore)
- door stop
- instant stain remover

for bathroom essentials:
- toothbrush and paste
- shaving stuff
- hair brush
- shampoo/conditioner (if you get 2 in one it's a space saver)
- soap
- condoms
- sunscreen

other things you may want to consider depending on the places you are going:
- detergent
- rope
- menstrual products (mostly if you are going off the beaten path)
- ear plugs and eye mask

I always bring my travel journal with all my information, allergies, blood type, address emergency contacts, schedule, and to write the details of my tips.

Paper work wise:
- passport
- visa
- money
- driver's licence
- health card
all of these with copies with me and at home

If you are brining electronics you have to remember all the accessories
- memory card
- chargers
- download cable
- adapters

I hope this made your life a bit easier. I found this list on the internet and it really helps.
Also for the fun test your traveler IQ on this link.

Until the next adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment