Hello Stumblers!

Hello stumblers! Welcome to my page, as an addict I welcome you and ask you to "like" the page!

Sunday, November 7, 2010

EuroTrip 1.0 part 2

I want you to understand that this was 2 and a half years ago, so please don't get mad at me if I get the order of Italian cities we visited wrong. But I do remember which ones we visited next, before we headed over to France.

From Assisi our crazy driver, drove us through the mountains to Pisa where we saw the Basilica, all the tombs, and of course the leaning tour... which doesn't lean as much as 20 year ago because they have been stabilizing it, because the lean was getting bad enough that it was threating. The basilica in Pisa is well known because of the great acoustics, every 30 minutes a worker who is trained in opera comes in and sings an octave, the sound blew me away! Of course while we were there we did take your typical leaning tour picture where we push it up (I know original) and spent a lot of time in the cemetery...  if you want to call it that because unlike here the people are in stone forming a floor.

Our next Italian city was Florence. Florence is really where we visited multiple museums. I got to see the real David as well as the "fake" David who is where the real David was way back when. We visited some of the most beautiful churches in Florence and visited a great market where I got some wonderful souvenirs, such as a silk scarf and a red leather purse. In Florence it's also where our chaperones let us loose into an international discoteque which isn't like the clubs we have here, we were surrounded by all sides, by multiple people from all nationalities dancing to crazy techno music, it's also the place where my single friends learnt that European boys are smooth talkers with agile tongues, if you know what I mean. 

After Florence we headed off to my favorite Italian city... Venice! I am a hopeless romantic and Venice reminded me of that. Tour wise in Venice we actually visited a glass blowing workshop where we were able to see an artist build a glass horse in less than a minute it was inspiring, we also went to a lace workshop. I did not know how much work was in these tiny pieces. While in Venice my friends and I made sure to go on a gondola tour through the Venice canals. Sadly Venice is where we were running after pigeons and my camera fell out of my pocket so further pictures aren't mine. Sadly, luckily my friends are picture happy and my dad let me use his camera per occasion. I made sure to buy a gorgeous mask in Venice because of course Venice is know for it's mascarade. We visited the castle in the city and were able to see the dungeon where people that were lead of the bridge of sighs would often end up. Our next step was catching the night train from Venice to Paris, but the bus stop and the train station are at two different ends of town. For your entertainment picture a head of teenagers hurrying though the streets of Venice, because of course they didn't give us that much time to get to the station, with suitcases in tow as well as carry on bags on our back. This trek could not be an easy one, not only did we have to rush with heavy suitcases but Venice is full of bridges, but no not nice smooth hill up, hill down bridges these bridges had stairs and lots of them! Other than the hike to the station Italy was fantastic!

Arivaderchi Italia... Bonjour Paris!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment