Hello Stumblers!

Hello stumblers! Welcome to my page, as an addict I welcome you and ask you to "like" the page!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

EuroTrip 2.0 part 4

Because this was my first trip without parents and the first trip I had to plan myself with my friend Izabeau.
Since I'm 20, and it's my EuroTrip 2.0 I decided to compile 20 thing I learned while on my trip.

1. Always expect the unexpected (I know it's a cliche but it is true)
2. Be willing to modify your plans
3. Asking someone if they speak english is rude (all you have to say is excuse me and your question if they don't speak english they will tell you so)
4. Public transport is the way to go if you're on a budget, and it's a great way to see the town
5. Don't buy tickets from random people... whether it's for vehicles, museum, etc. (you could get in trouble) 
6. If 16:00 is after hours for a hotel don't stay there.
7. If a hotel doesn't have the breakfast included in the price don't take it, it usually isn't worth the price
8. Amsterdam has really steep stairs!
9. You need more than 2 days to visit big cities
10. Backpacks are great.(mostly while moving from place to place)
11. At least learn to say "thank you" and "sorry" in the language of the country you're visiting (even if you butcher it the locals will appreciate it)
12. Put aside your ego, ask for directions (got that men?)
13. Take unusual tours.
14. Cobble stone and shitty shoes don't mix
15. At the airport, smile and wear slip on shoes (mostly if you're going to the U.S.) things will go a lot faster
16. If you have a free night and understand the language go see a movie you can't see at home.
17. Canadians are loved everywhere (at least everywhere I've visited)
18. Ladies "beware" boys in Europe are very charming, not always in a good way.
19. Special tourist passes for trains such at the TGV can save you a lot of money.
20. face/body wipes are a life/stink saver when showers aren't available.

I did learn a lot more on this trip but these are thing I was able to pin-point the day I was coming back from my trip.
I hope my lessons will help you with your trips

No comments:

Post a Comment