Hello Stumblers!

Hello stumblers! Welcome to my page, as an addict I welcome you and ask you to "like" the page!

Monday, November 8, 2010

EuroTrip 1.0 part 3

Ah PARIS, when I left off last time we were getting on the night train to get to Paris, just a note for those taking the night train for the fist time, if you aren't one of those people who can sleep anywhere prepare yourself by either tiring yourself out by waking up early the day you leave or taking Gravol (or some other kind of non-prescription medication that knocks you out).

Once we arrived in Paris we stepped onto a bus which would take us on a tour of the city. The tour was very slow because travelling by bus or any motorized vehicle in Paris isn't convenient due to the high traffic and the massive amount of round-abouts. On the tour we were able to see all the major sites of Paris from the outside before actually going to visit, such as the Eiffel tower, l'Arche de Triomphe, the Louvre, and Notre-Dame de Paris. I am not quite sure the order but in Paris we had a very short time to visit the Louvre, I took the interactive audio-tour and selected the option to be brought to and educated on the main pieces in the giant museum. With this it took us to the Venus de Milo, the Triomphe de Samocrate, the Mona Lisa and a few other pieces.

We also did a night tour of the Sienne where we got to see all the beautiful old buildings that lined the river all lit up gorgeously.

I had the advantage of my dad being on the trip because it gave me the opportunity to go with my friends, her mom, another student as well as her mom and another mom (whom I adopted for the evening) to go to the famous Moulin Rouge show. It was a great experience which I will always remember because during one of the intermissions they had a ventriloquist doing a mini-show between the acts, at one point he needed human "dummies" and I got pulled on stage, therefore now I  can say I was on stage at Moulin Rouge, how many people can say that?

Before heading to Moulin Rouge we did the whole Eiffel Tower thing and went to enjoy the night time view of Paris from super high up. Which was wonderful. My friend also learned how to ward off those pesky people trying to sell you Eiffel Tower figurines, when one of them came up and asked if he wanted one my friend looked at him, pointed at the Tower and said "How much for that one?" the guy was so confused he left us alone the rest of the time we were at the base.

In continuation with visiting the big sites of Paris we visited Notre-Dames, and Eglise Sacre-Coeur in the artist district of Paris. Both gorgeous churches with a lot of history. Of course if you've seen Disney's Hunchback of Notre-Dame you know of the church and have an idea of what it looks like.

That pretty much covers Paris. If you just read the note you will notice we only bussed it once, the rest of the time we terrorized Parisian Subway takers by stuffing 65 high school students and their chaperons into the trains all trying to get on and off at the same time... they must have loved us.

We're only part-way through the journey.
au revoir!





once again here are the pictures you see - 1. me outside the Moulin Rouge. 2. My dad and my friend Edd in front of the Eiffel Tower before we go up. 3. I forgot to mention that our teacher paid for us to take a ride on a merry go round, my friend Sean was happy about that! 4. Me, Izabeau and Jess in front of Notre-Dame

No comments:

Post a Comment