Hello Stumblers!

Hello stumblers! Welcome to my page, as an addict I welcome you and ask you to "like" the page!

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Nepal: Future Warning

I am warning you that in May-June-ish all you will hear about is my current trip to Nepal.
Thanks to a great company called Projects Abroad I will be doing my internship in this wonderful Asian country.

The first question I get when I tell people where I'm going is "Where's that". Nepal is between China and India, if you follow the Himalayas you will find Nepal. This country not only has a funny flag, you can see it here. The capital is Kathmandu, just say it a few times you'll laugh a bit, or smile.

The next question I get is "Why are you going there?" The answer to that is kind of complicated, I don't really know why I chose Nepal over the other countries where the program were offered, I could have gone to South America, I didn't really want to go there for this it's more accessible to me. Cape Town, South Africa, is one of the most dangerous cities in the world so I didn't want to go there. Than Vietnam just didn't tickle my fancy. So Nepal it was.

I'm scared shitless I have to admit, but I'm more excited than anything! There are a few things I'm for sure planning to do whether it's while I'm volunteering of the extra week I'm taking at the end of the trip to travel with my best friend Izzie, with whom I went to EuroTrip 2.0.  I want to climb mount Everest, not to the top, I don't have the training or will or equipment to make it to the top, I just want to climb up like 5 steps, just so I can say I did. Within the mountains there are gorgeous rain forests where they offer tours on elephants which is really exciting. Other than that I hope my host family teaches me yoga and brings me to the temples around the country.

I can't wait to get the process started, I still have to register for the program itself than register with school, than tell my boss that I will have to take two months off...and raise the money so I can pay for the thing.

I also can't wait to share this with you, I hope you are excited too for me!
Namaste (which is hello/goodbye in Nepali, thank you Yoga!)

No comments:

Post a Comment